Friday, May 28, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Mentaiko


Today's Artist Spotlight features artwork by the Japanese bara manga creator known as Mentaiko. This artist was suggested by J, who wondered if I had ever featured the artist on the site.

The artwork in today's post is from Mentaiko's official website (link contains non-worksafe content). Unlike many Japanese art sites, there are no explicit warnings in Japanese or English regarding the reuse of the images on the site. I also want to make clear that creators can contact me (lagosta2700 at aim dot com) to have their content removed from HFG.

The rest of the pics below are worksafe so you will have to go to Mentaiko's website (NSFW) to see the explicit stuff. Also, you can legally buy content from Mentaiko via DLsite.



10 comments:

  1. Nice ones, I really like the one with the bathtub and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for itai itai itai 3 !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an artist of whom when I finish I just feel lonely. I really like it in a weird way but sometimes I think it's too romantic for my own good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Mentaiko Tech , is fascinating , and much more accurated by the lines .
    Lagosta you do have a beautiful well design blog
    xoxo
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i to feel extra lonly after i finish.but here i am >_>

    ReplyDelete
  6. still waiting for 4:( it's so much better than most mangas i'm currently watchingXD

    ReplyDelete
  7. where can i read all mentaiko manga? is there a site where i can read?? please do e-mail me here's my add. naughtyguykenta@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mentaiko rocks.
    i want to draw just like he.

    ReplyDelete